Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Decarnin out - what will become of Balmain?


I'm pretty sure this very question troubles all BALMAIN fans now that it was officially announced: CHRISTOPHE DECARNIN, Balmain's creative director for the past 5 years, has left the house. The successor haven't yet been appointed, but whoever he or she might be, all I care to know is how much is going to change?
BALMAIN has been among my fashion favorites these last few years. I loved brand's practical approach to chic, with its shimmering figure-hugging mini dresses, ripped jeans combined with gorgeous jackets, the punk-rock look with burned denim and studded leather offered for this spring and luxurious sweater-dresses from the latest, fall/winter collection. I loved Decarnin's Balmain for giving me a kind of high fashion that I could relate to with my own style. But what now? Which way would the new creative director want to go: keep the sexy rebel spirit or "grow up" and leave it behind? I sure hope it's the former. In the meantime here are some of my favorite Balmain looks of the last couple of years - the kind of looks that soon may become history...

Fall/Winter 2011/2012


Spring/Summer 2011



Fall/Winter 2010/2011



Spring/Summer 2010


Fall/Winter 2009/2010


Spring/Summer 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment