Saturday, June 25, 2011

06/24/11 Dublin, Ireland



“The Wind That Shakes the Barley,” Dead Can Dance





untitled by kathleen patrice on Flickr.



Nighttime on the Liffey





Meanwhile in Ireland!



Dublin and Glasgow are officially my favorite places on the planet. I woke up in the morning and got on the tour bus for Dublin. I was, as usual, racing the elderly to get the best seat on the bus. We went into Dublin and honestly wish I were Irish. There were so many pretty girls and good-looking guys. There was Georgian architecture everywhere and you notice that every single door was a different color. I thought that was pretty cool. I passed by Grafton St. Anyone who listens to The Script should know about Grafton St. We didn’t get to go off the bus, which was definitely a bummer, but I did get to go check out Trinity College where Oscar Wilde went to school! There was this guy in the back complaining because we didn’t get to see the Book of Kells. It isn’t even in the itinerary; I don’t understand why he’s even complaining. We went to St. Patrick’s Cathedral and IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. I’ll admit, I was running around trying to look for secret passageways. I was sad when we left. I loved Dublin. Too bad we didn’t get to stop by a pub. I really wanted to try Whiskey or Guinness. I guess I’ll have to wait until I get back to the states. I learned that Guinness is actually overcooked beer. That’s about it. Anyway, I came back and had a bunch of food. I’m having a Porterhouse steak tonight. Gotta start riding my bike when I get back. OH YEAH. The cruise charged us an extra $25. THOSE THIEVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment