Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inishowen, Ireland



Prepare for Take-Off by Ian Gem on Flickr.

Well Terry, we skipped a light fandango, turned cartwheels crossed the floor, we were feeling kinda seasick, but the crowd screamed out for more. ~ That’s very deep Jimmy, what does it mean? ~ Fucked if I know Terry

- Jimmy Rabbitte

This quote always makes me laugh at the end of the movie. :)



Dreamy Days (by Dan Skajarowski)

It’s really sad that the conflict within the country has been going on for decades now, and it doesn’t seem like it’s ever going to stop. 

On Monday night riots took place in Belfast. 

http://www.u.tv/News/Shots-fired-during-Belfast-disturbances/c76968fa-6384-410a-b853-9e9354e6f575

The UVF are being blamed for starting it. I just don’t understand why a peaceful agreement can’t be implemented there. It must be hard for the kids, growing up surrounded by adults who have set the example that violence is the answer to all problems. It’s just sad. 

Poor kids. 



Connemara

This deserves it’s own post.

Yes, I’m in Ireland.  Yes, I know that Guinness is a very famous beer.  I’ve also learned that it doesn’t “travel well,” so the Guinness in the U.S. isn’t as good as the Guinness in Ireland.

With all that said, I don’t like it.  I don’t like beer, period.  Guinness is not an exception.  I can’t tell you how many people have said to me, “You’ll be in Ireland?!  Have a Guinness for me!”  No.

I did try it.  I tasted it.  Twice.  It tastes like beer, which I don’t like, mixed with coffee, which I also don’t like.

To everyone who is now disappointed in me: I’m not sorry.



untitled by Her Voices on Flickr.

I feel like I’m going to fit right in. I’m sick of the assholes in America to be quite honest with you.



some panoramic from this weekend’s trip at the aran islands, ireland. just 5 more days until i have to leave this beautiful place. Luckily I’ll have a beautiful person come swoop me up from the airport.



Inishowen, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment