Thursday, June 16, 2011

"If you believe in what you’re doing whether it’s shit or a masterpiece, the important thing is you..."



Green is far more than a color to us. It’s a symbol for everything that we are, and everything that we’ve been through. 

When I was three years old, my family took a vacation to Northern Ireland for my Nana and Papa’s 50th wedding anniversary. I honestly don’t remember much about this trip but it does hold my first and favorite memory. I remember sitting at the top of the stairs at my Nana and Papa’s while everyone else was in their rooms just doing their own thing. I was trying incessantly to tie my shoes for the very first time and kept failing. Then, for the first time in my life, in a foreign country no less, I tied my shoes. I cannot express how happy I was in that moment. I screamed at the top of my lungs for everyone to come out. They all raced out of their rooms to see what was going on. When I showed my family my freshly tied shoes, my moms first response was “They are on the wrong feet”. I was so devastated because I was convinced that I would never be able to tie them again. And that is exactly what I told my mom. Thus began my life long flaw of no confidence in myself whatsoever. Why this is my favorite memory, I have no idea. But to this day, it is. The end



I THINK YOU WILL FIND THIS RELEVANT TO OUR INTERESTS

That movie I planned to love but instead sort of hated

LOOK FAMILIAR?

BECAUSE IT SHOULD

The Rock of Dunamase

Which we visited

TWICE

(Because the tour guide screwed up

we were supposed to go to the Cliffs of Moher

but all’s well

because I got better photos the second time around

So if they thought they could sneak this past me they were wrong

It’s embedded in my brain through two sets of photo edits)

(such liars. The movie put it next to that train station and called it the Rock of Cuchulainn or something. LIKE NO ONE WOULD NOTICE)

What I am saying, Hannah

is

that

our feet have trod the same dirt as Matthew Goode.





Dappled Light (by Child of Danu)



Kilmalkeadar Church (by cubanjunky)



Keith’s new Facebook picture #1 :)



“If you believe in what you’re doing whether it’s shit or a masterpiece, the important thing is you yourself are proud of it.”

- Stephen Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment