Thursday, June 16, 2011

Photo



Waterville, Co. Kerry is a famous sea-angling center. It is situated on the eatern shore of Ballinskelligs Bay, on a narrow strip of land separated by the sea from Lough Currane, a fine sheet of water about 26 kms in circumference, and one of the most beautiful lakes in Ireland. On the east and south mountains rise from the shore and there are several islands on the lake adding to the majestic scene.

cut the green grass. get paid. shower. not get super nervous. pick up my prescription. go to the atm. ugh idk

In 5 days, @yankeedaisy & I will be in London for the Jimmy Eat World shows, then back to Ireland from the 24th until the 29th. I am SO excited. I’ve made my packing checklist. I printed out our hostel reservations, my Ryanair boarding pass, and our Jimmy Eat World tickets tonight and it’s becoming so real. I can’t believe we’re actually taking this trip. I’m so stoked.

When I was in Ireland, I went on this bus tour and it started raining; so the tour guide gave everybody plastic ponchos to wear while we were walking around at our stop. The ponchos had hoods that stood up in points and looked quite silly. There was a Spanish couple on the tour, and the guy started yelling “Hey! We look like Patricio, from Spongebob!”

And then I realized Spongebob is a universal theme of hilarity and can never be destroyed.



Gilles Peress, On the Loyalist Shankill Road, Belfast, Ireland 1981



 This is in Piltown, County Kilkenny, Ireland.



Óró, sé do bheatha ‘bhaile,
Óró, sé do bheatha ‘bhaile,
Óró, sé do bheatha ‘bhaile
Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

’Sé do bheatha, a bhean ba léanmhar,
Do b’ é ár gcreach tú bheith i ngéibheann,
Do dhúiche bhreá i seilbh méirleach,
Is tú díolta leis na Gallaibh.

Tá Gráinne Mhaol ag teacht thar sáile,
Óglaigh armtha léi mar gharda,
Gaeil iad féin is ní Gaill ná Spáinnigh,
Is cuirfidh siad ruaig ar Ghallaibh.

A bhuí le Rí na bhFeart go bhfeiceam,
Mura mbeam beo ina dhiaidh ach seachtain,
Gráinne Mhaol agus míle gaiscíoch,
Ag fógairt fáin ar Ghallaibh.





No comments:

Post a Comment